Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The "Intro"

        Just like every song ever composed there must be a beginning, or some form of introduction, without which the audience would be left confused and lost in my symphony of words and observations. However, the overall point of this blog is not to be a composer of "words", but rather to understand composers of "music" and what they were thinking when they started scribbling little black dots on a lined-piece of paper. 
        In the future, I will be posting about various concepts of music and how I interpret them in both my choir life and my music theory class. If you want to know what dissonance is, you've come to the right place. If you want to talk about enharmonic notes and why they're so confusing, I can relate to you. And if you want to discuss the effect of relative keys in a piece of classical music, then I'd be happy to hear you out. But again, this is a site of observation and reference, because I'm sure in about three years I'll be graduating and still using this blog to lament upon all the technical theory that haunts most Music Majors. 
        Stay tuned because when I'm not in class or writing papers I'll most likely be posting something about music theory, trying to help others make sense of it and to help me apply it. 

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley 

Sincerely, ZS